Best Tips – Disney Cruise Line Star Wars Day at Sea
by Vicki Clark
May 23, 2019
Are you ready to sail to a galaxy far, far away? Disney Cruise Line offers special ‘Star Wars Day at Sea’ sailings that put you inside a timeless battle between the Rebel Alliance and the evil Galactic Empire. Your family will experience an epic adventure on these Star Wars themed sailings to include an itinerary day full of rare character encounters, live shows, action-packed entertainment, and even special merchandise offerings. The day ends with “Summon the Force,” a deck party that celebrates the Star Wars universe and caps off the night with a fireworks show at sea. Become a part of the Star Wars timeless saga by choosing your side, donning a costume, and living out a galactic cruise vacation like no other!
Plus, you’ll enjoy sailing through the warm, tropical waters of the Caribbean and experience the exciting ports of call along the way. What could be better?
We’ve put together our best tips for the Disney Cruise Line Star Wars Day at Sea sailings to help you use the Force like a Jedi and enjoy your cruise to the fullest!
- Plan your themed costumes ahead of time and bring them along for the big day! Are you with the Dark Side or the Resistance!?
- Sign-up for the Jedi Training for each child between the ages of 5-12, on the first day your cruise reservations open.
- Sign up for your character meet and greets on the first day your cruise onboard activity reservations are available through your Disney Cruise Line online account.
- Character Meet and Greets: If you were unable to secure a time slot to meet characters before the cruise, stop by the Guest Services desk to inquire about availability, even on the same day, or a day after Star Wars Day at Sea.
- Characters roam decks 3 – 5 throughout the day, as well as the kids’ pool area on deck 11. Be sure to walk through a few times to see rare characters!
- Bring shiny toy coins or old batteries to trade with the Jawas. They are elusive, so be prepared to trade if you see them.
- Darth Vader invades the ship the night before Star Wars Day at Sea, around 10:00pm in the atrium. He brings his Stormtroopers to search the crowd. *This event will not be on your Navigator schedule.
- Pool Parties are held throughout the day with different characters walking around. They will interact with guests and stop to take pictures.
- Take time to try the Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt. Guests decode secret messages throughout the ship to track the Porgs and solve the ship-wide quest. There’s a surprise at the end of the activity!
- Star Wars 101: It’s a class for beginners…A 30-45-minute recap of the Star Wars saga held the night before Star Wars Day at Sea.
- Special Speakers will be scheduled to talk at the Buena Vista theater throughout the Star Wars Day at Sea. Check the Navigator for the schedule if you are interested.
- Kids Clubs: The activities at the Youth Clubs will include Star Wars characters that stop by to visit the kids and interact during Star Wars-themed activities.
- You must qualify for the BB 8 remote control races, so check your Navigator for these events.
- Don’t miss the Star Wars costume celebration. Kids and adults wearing costumes can join in on this one! It’s held in the evening in the atrium on Star Wars Day at Sea.
- Star Wars movies are available on your stateroom TV, and several are playing in the theaters throughout the day.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes early to claim a good viewing spot for the Star Wars stage show, ‘Summon the Force’ and fireworks display. Deck 12 gets very crowded with people trying to squeeze in to see over the railings to watch the show on the stage below. Clips from the Star Wars movies will be displayed on the jumbo screen for all to see. If you want to be close to the stage, arrive early, find a seat on the floor, and wait for the show.
Don’t miss the Star Wars-themed dessert party after the fireworks display.
Hello! My name is Vicki and I have a love for travel, planning trips, and all-things Disney. Helping others with their vacation plans has become my passion, and my profession. I can help your family with any travel arrangements by using my experience and experience while sprinkling a little Pixie Dust along the way!